Member : SLN
The S.L.N. stands for Scalextric Enthusiasts Netherlands). We are a national club for slot car enthusiasts. At the moment, we are the biggest slot car club in the Netherlands.
Everybody can become a member of the S.L.N., you can do this by filling in the memberships form on the internet site of the S.L.N. and sending it through to the team of the S.L.N. by email.
If you have any questions the team of the S.L.N. is always willingly to try to answer them. So call them or send them an email. We also have a clubshop which is available on the internetsite. And all latest cars produced by the Scalextric brand is shown on the first page of the website of the S.L.N. Also there are references to other clubs and dealers of slot cars and slot items. These are not only focused on the Scalextric brand.
- Organising swap meets for the slotracer and the slot car collector.
- As member there will be no charge for attending a swap meet or a different club gathering.
- We try to keep a eye on the monthly and anually slot related activities, where we will try to attend as club and promote our club. And we try to keep our meetings not on the same date as other events in this area. However this will not always be reachable.
- We try to activate members in attending clubs closer to their home but also to participate into an collective meeting with other enthusiasts.
- Trying to raise contacts between members and non members who have the same hobby, to share their hobby, their knowledge and experiences. This by, with permission from each person, giving out names and phonenumbers, showing ways to reach clubs, organisations all related to slot racing or collecting van slot cars. And not the least important having a good time together on collective meetings and thereout created friendships.
- We also try to motivate youngsters to pick up this hobby, because it is good for the eye-hand coordination, it is fun racing, preparing your own car, building a track with each other and combining the racing with electronics and IT skills.
- Organising with a Dutch race club every year a slotrace cup.
- Every year releasing 4 booklets, called the Clubnotes, with all items related to slot cars, racing and collecting. For non Dutch members the booklets 1and 2, and , 3 and 4 are translated into English and send off digitally.